Most of the time, it’s pretty obvious by looking at your home when it’s due for a good cleaning. If you run your finger along the side and pick up dirt, or if it just overall appears dirty, it’s time to call your local exterior house washing professional.
However, keeping your home clean – especially your roof – is also a major preventative measure to reduce the likelihood of mold, mildew, and other damage.
How to Know It’s Time to Soft Wash Your Home
There’s no hard and fast rule about exactly how often you should wash your home, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If your home is located on or near a dirt road, you may need to wash your house every few months (especially during dry periods).
- If your home is located near a lot of trees, watch for sap build up. Allowing it to build up too much will make it harder to control.
- After a big storm your home may appear dirty or could be covered in spores. It’s usually a good idea to wash your home after any debris has been removed.
- Hot and humid weather carries more moisture than cool air, which can create a breeding ground for mold, mildew, and algae. These organisms thrive in warm and damp conditions.
- Even without a big storm, persistent rainy weather can leave homes with the potential for mildew and other damage. For example, if you don’t clean out your gutters and downspouts regularly, they won’t drain properly and you’ll end up with mildew, sagging gutters, or water flowing into the foundation of the home. This can all lead to leaking inside the home or damage to your exterior paint.
Realistically, the frequency in which you should wash your home depends a lot on where you live and your surroundings. Some homeowners may need to wash their home every few months, though generally it’s recommended to clean the exterior of your home at least once every year.
What is the Best Time of Year to Soft Wash My Home?
The weather in Houston, Texas can vary throughout the seasons. For this reason, you can generally have your home’s exterior soft washed any time throughout the year. You can have your home cleaned when you want it to look its best, like for holidays and parties, or just for the general health of your home.
What is the Best Way to Clean the Exterior of My Home?
At Good Guys of Texas, we recommend using soft washing to clean the exterior of your home.
Soft washing is an alternative to pressure or power washing that does not utilize potentially damaging high pressure. Soft washing thoroughly cleans surface areas as well as eliminates the microbes that are the root cause of discoloration on roofs and other surfaces on and around your home.
It also lasts at least four times longer than pressure washing because it doesn’t just blast away the top layer of grime – it completely eradicates microorganisms such as mold, mildew, algae, lichen, and bacteria.
The products we use are 100% biodegradable. Our cleansing solutions are non-toxic and do not release any type of harmful chemicals into the area surrounding your home. With these products, we can clean all types of surfaces including; wood, brick, concrete, aluminum, vinyl exterior siding, shingles, and more.
One of the best parts is that we fully guarantee our work. If any staining or bacteria development returns on a roof we have soft washed within one year of our treatment, we'll provide a complimentary cleaning. In addition, we have a Five-Year Spot Free Warranty. If any type of staining returns within 5 years of our treatment we will clean it once again, at a prorated rate.
If you’re interested in learning more about soft washing or would like to receive a free quote, call us today at 832.626.7481 to schedule an appointment with one of our SoftWash specialists.